Friday, September 19, 2008

Can't help being political ...

Animals and environments are very important issues for me, so I want the next president to work hard to protect animals and take immediate steps to reverse global warming that has been ignored under the current administration.
As you might all know, Sarah Palin, vice president candidate for the republican party, is NO friend of animals. She likes to kill animals, specifically wolves and moose, and support commercial development over nature conservation. Check these links:

- Sarah Palin's Record on Aerial Wolf Hunting

-Sarah Palin's dead lake

3 comments:

Camille LaRue Olsen said...

High five on this, Akiko. I stopped in to see your work from DSFDF (like your NYSE), and I see we share of love of animals and water scenes. I just painted a pelican myself last week without having seen this! cool. :) I'm still trying to motivate on a NYSE painting -- a bit late, huh?

artbyakiko said...

Camille, thank you for visiting my blog! NYSE was intimidating at first, but turned out to be a fun project for me. You should try it. Now I have to go see your pelican. :)

Serena Lewis said...

I am soooooooo glad McCain and Palin didn't win....I shudder at some of her comments re. animals.

Related Posts with Thumbnails