Saturday, March 28, 2009

A Passion for Painting Award

I was honored by my friend and very talented artist Lara Harris for "A Passion for Painting Award." Please take a moment and view her beautiful paintings.

Here are the rules:
- List 7 things your love.
- Put a link to the one who picked you.
- Choose 7 others to pass the award to.
- Notify them of the award.

The 7 things I love are:

1. Spending time with my cats. The daily grooming session is the happiest time for our cats and that also makes me happy somehow. Maybe the happy vibration travels through touch.
2. Going to the zoos and aquariums to watch animals.
3. Painting while listening to my favorite music.
4. Going to the museums and looking at great paintings and amazing Japanese miniature sculptures (called Netsuke).
5. Spending time with my family whether here or in Japan.
6. Taking a walk at the park and finding deer, bobcats, and other creatures.
7. Going to the beach and watching the waves.

The 7 artists I have chosen:
- Gail Ragsdale
- Kathleen Coy
- Mona Conner
- Erika Nelson
- R. Garriott
- Douglas Hoover
- Tom Pohlman

Update!
I also received a Passion for Painting Award from my fellow artists Vern Schwarz and the Lemonade Award from Liz Holm. Their works are just amazing. Please take a look at their blogs. You will enjoy. I promise!

13 comments:

James Parker said...

Congrats, Akiko. Great loves and great artists picks.

artbykarieann said...

Well deserved Akiko

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Well deserved indeed Akiko!

Unknown said...

I wish I had a hundred awards to give one of the sweetest and talented people I know...hugs!

Mona Diane Conner said...

Thank you Akiko. As everyone has said, you deserve this award, and I appreciate receiving it from you.
Will post on it this afternoon.

Tom Pohlman said...

Thanks Akiko! You spoil me! :>) How many people can say that their home and work lives are this harmonious?! It is always a joy to look at your portraits. Have a wonderful weekend! -Tom

Kathleen Coy said...

Thank you so much Akiko, it is an honor to receive an award from an artist whose work is so inspiring to me.
Hugs!

Douglas Hoover said...

Bless you Akiko! There are some dedicated artists posting here and you are most deserving of this award. Your paintings are a joy to view!

All the best to you!

Debra Keirce said...

Congrats!! And your calico is gorgeous, as always!

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

I should really groom mine more! And yes, I really do love sushi!!

L.Holm said...

Congratulations Akiko--I have another one coming your way. Please stop by my blog : )

r garriott said...

Congratulations AND Thank you Akiko!

Unknown said...

Well done Akiko, and well deserved!
Thanks for you comments. Great list of artists by the way!

Related Posts with Thumbnails